CONTINGENT-COMBATIVES ASSISTANT INSTRUCTOR
Requisition ID: 000002
Open and Closing Dates: Oct. 30, 2018 until TBD.
SAS International is currently seeking a Combatives Assistant Instructor contingent on award of the associated work to SAS International. This position will require high physical demands assisting in teaching basic combative/survival techniques and tactical applications of mixed martial arts for up to fifty (50) students per session. As a Combatives Assistant Instructor, you will be a black belt and a subject matter expert in one or more mixed martial arts disciplines to include: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Judo, Muay Thai, and Kali and will be providing expert training in your area(s) of expertise.
San Diego, California USA / Virginia Beach, Virginia USA
· Deliver combatives training to course participants incorporating the tactical application of the six (6) principles of unarmed combative: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Judo, Muay Thai, and Kali.
· Provide support to the Combatives Lead Instructor in the development, coordination, streamlining, and oversight of all combatives training to include but not limited to: Close Contact Weapons procedures, Striking Combinations, takedowns, and avoidance measures.
· Ensure strict adherence to best practices and safety standards.
· Review subject matter, recommend solutions for perceived challenges, and assist in designing and developing curriculum, instructor guides, student lesson plans, and associated media.
· Provide recommendations for training, equipment, and other material assets.
· Engage training participants and solicit feedback during the after-action review process for developing lessons-learned and making improvements.
· U.S. citizenship.
· Black Belt in at least one (preferably more) of the following disciplines: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, Kali.
· Demonstrated experience in boxing and/or wrestling.
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience teaching / instructing in your respective discipline of the six principles of unarmed combative.
· Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment physical fitness evaluation and psychological evaluation.
· Willingness to travel CONUS as a member of a mobile training team.
· Preferred understanding and knowledge of the TTP 3-05 series SOF Combatives instruction of the Naval Special Warfare Publication.
· Preferred experience working with Special Operations Forces (SOF).
Join our Team!
When you start a career with SAS International, you are joining a team dedicated to delivering solutions to global challenges in defense.
We offer a competitive salary along with benefits!
How to Apply:
A member of the recruiting team will review your experience and credentials and qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Strategic Advantage Solutions International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.