CONTINGENT -Urban Sniper Instructor
Requisition ID: 000005
Open and Closing Dates: Nov. 09, 2018 until TBD.
SAS International is currently seeking an Urban Sniper Instructor contingent on award of the associated work to SAS International. This position will support the Special Missions
Branch (SMB) III Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF) Expeditionary Operational Training Group (EOTG) Urban Sniper Course in Okinawa, Japan. Additionally, the Urban Sniper Instructor will travel up to three (3) times yearly in support of exercises within PACOM. The Urban Sniper Instructor shall provide technical expertise to assist the EOTG with the training development continuum with emphasis on continuous improvement to increase realism and to keep the training relevant, dynamic and challenging.
Location(s): Okinawa, Japan
· Ensure strict adherence to quality and safety standards.
· Follow existing Department of Defense and personnel standards of conduct.
· Assist in the planning, coordination, instruction, and execution of the Urban Sniper Course.
· Provide instruction in advanced combat marksmanship at known and unknown distances during daylight, low light, and darkness with the M40 A3/A5, MK 13, M110 SASS sniper rifle, the M107 Special Application Scoped Rifle (SASR) and the M4 and M9.
· Provide instruction on sniping during Situational Training Exercises (STX) in support of Battalion Landing Team (BLT) and MEU training exercises.
· Provide recommendations for the modernization or adaptation changes or revisions, specific to the Urban Sniper Course.
· Review of all course POIs and lesson materials (upon contract award).
· All instructors must be eligible for (and submit upon arrival) an arms, ammunition, and explosive handling form.
· Lead instructor curriculum review and teach backs. Instructors will be certified for each individual period of instruction by the lead instructor.
· Attend MCB Butler Range Safety Officer Course post award.
· Assist in Pre and Post Operations (site preparation, clean-up, recording of feedback, etc.).
· Assist in identifying Emergency Action Procedures.
· Assist in providing operator level maintenance, including diagnostics and troubleshooting.
· Assist in risk assessment ratings.
· Assist in the preparation of weekly training highlight schedule which contains such information as graduations, field training, and live fire evolutions prior to events.
· U.S. citizenship.
· Former participant in EOTG Sniper courses or branch equivalent (SFARTEC).
· Former Marine Force Reconnaissance /Special Forces Advanced Reconnaissance Training Course (SFARTC) trained Army Special Forces Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO)/US Navy Sea, Air and Land (SEAL) Chief, with experience as a tactical operator.
· Combat Veteran awarded at least one combat action ribbon with U.S. Armed Forces.
· Three years of deployed experience as an armed forces sniper conducting combat operations or military exercises.
· Graduate of USMC Basic Instructor Course (BIC) or equivalent.
· Graduate of Marine Corps Formal Schools Instructors Course or equivalent.
· Graduate of a Special Operations Level I Sniper Course or an equivalent.
· Prior Basic Sniper Course instructor with primary billet of marksmanship instructor.
· Background knowledge in ATRAG Ballistic Computers or commercial equivalent.
· Formerly qualified in Marine Corps Occupational Specialty 0317, 8541, or other branch equivalent (Level 1 SOTIC Sniper).
· Experience with aerial shooting.
· Familiar with Marine Corps infantry tactics, the organization of Infantry Battalions and Rifle Companies, the characteristics and employment of Marine Corps aviation assets, Amphibious Assault Vehicles (AAVs), Light Armored Vehicles (LAVs), High Mobility Multi-Wheeled Vehicles (HMMWVs), and weapons and fire support assets to include standard issue small arms, machine guns, rockets and mortars.
· High level familiarity with task information in the respective T&R manuals.
· Recent experience in coordinating, scheduling, using any military base or facility (RSO Qualifications).
· Possess professional work ethics, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and be detail oriented.
· Knowledgeable and proficient in the preparation of Naval Correspondence in accordance with the Naval Correspondence Manual.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
· Be capable of performing on-site practical instruction for potentially long hours in extreme temperatures.
· Willingness to travel for up to thirty (30) days at a time within PACOM, in support of three exercises a year.
· Active Secret Clearance and ability to maintain a Secret Clearance.
Join our Team!
When you start a career with SAS International, you are joining a team dedicated to delivering solutions to global challenges in defense.
We offer a competitive salary along with benefits! Relocation Allowance will be made available for those that qualify.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to . Please reference the position and the requisition ID in the subject line. A member of the recruiting team will review your experience and credentials and qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Strategic Advantage Solutions International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.