CONTINGENT-COMBATIVES LEAD INSTRUCTOR
Requisition ID: 000001
Open and Closing Dates: Oct. 31, 2018 until TBD.
SAS International is currently seeking a Combatives Lead Instructor contingent on award of the associated work to SAS International. This position will require high physical demands assisting in the tactical application of mixed martial arts for up to fifty (50) students per session. The Combatives Lead Instructor will serve as a subject matter expert in mixed martial arts specifically in the disciplines of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, Boxing, Judo, Muay Thai, and Kali. Additionally, the Combatives Lead Instructor will direct all junior instructors and will coordinate and oversee all training evolutions.
Location(s): San Diego, California USA / Virginia Beach, Virginia USA
· Develop, coordinate, streamline, and oversee all combatives training to include but not limited to: Close Contact Weapons procedures, Striking Combinations, takedowns, and avoidance measures.
· Direct and oversee junior instructors.
· Ensure strict adherence to best practices and safety standards.
· Review subject matter, recommend solutions for perceived challenges, and assist in designing and developing curriculum, instructor guides, student lesson plans, and associated media.
· Provide recommendations for training, equipment, and other material assets.
· Provide leadership, mentorship, and coaching to junior instructors.
· Conduct annual reviews for junior instructors.
· Assist with the recruitment process for junior instructors.
· Engage training participants and solicit feedback during the after-action review process for developing lessons-learned and making improvements.
· U.S. citizenship.
· At a minimum, have expert (defined as 10 or more years) proficiency in several martial arts systems, including but not limited to: boxing, wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, and/or Muay Thai.
· Black Belt in at least one (preferably more) of the following disciplines: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Judo, Muay Thai, Kali.
· Demonstrated experience in boxing and/or wrestling.
· Minimum of three (3) years of experience working with Special Operations Forces (SOF).
· Minimum of five (5) years of experience teaching beginner through advanced students.
· Ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation.
· Successfully pass a pre-employment physical fitness evaluation and psychological evaluation.
· Willingness to travel CONUS as a member of a mobile training team.
· Preferred understanding and knowledge of the TTP 3-05 series SOF Combatives instruction of the Naval Special Warfare Publication.
Join our Team!
When you start a career with SAS International, you are joining a team dedicated to delivering solutions to global challenges in defense.
We offer a competitive salary along with benefits!
A member of the recruiting team will review your experience and credentials and qualified candidates will be contacted for further consideration.
Strategic Advantage Solutions International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.